Pages - Menu

Thursday, September 3, 2009

for a good cause

okay gang, i read a post on one of the blogs i follow tonight, and my heart just ached for this blogger friend's neighbour, a 12-year-old girl, who lost part of her arm in a boating accident. erin, at Scrap, Stamp and be Merry has posted a link to the article, and while there is no more space for toys and flowers and such in this little girl's hospital room, apparently "cards are welcome", so this is our calling, team! i was anxious to get on this right away, and started to create at 1 am.

cards can be mailed to Paige Welch at Boston Children's Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave., Boston, MA 02115.

erin is also giving away some blog candy to those who make a card for Paige and send it off, so i took this sketch:



from Triple the Sketch, and tried to make a card that might be cute for a sad 12-year-old. i hope she likes it - and i hope that some of you readers will make something to send to Paige as well.

i also mentioned erin's blog post to my hubbin, who was busy sorting beads in the bedroom, and he said i could pick one of the beaded necklaces he's made to send along with my card.

so here's the card - i tried to take a picture without flash so that i could capture the Twinkling H2Os properly, but it's a little dark. i bet if i'd used SHIMMERZ, they would show up better! hmmm.



now i just have to ask erin if she thinks that Paige is a girlie kind of girl who would wear a beaded necklace (with a butterfly!), or if she is more of a tomboy.

it's 2:30 am. i'm not remotely tired. it's been a LONG day, and i found out that my little old Miss Ophelia's biopsy came back positive. it's cancer. :(

6 comments:

  1. That's such a nice thing to do! I think I'll get onto it too, I wonder if Paige will get many cards from overseas??

    I'm sorry to hear about Miss O :( {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for creating this adorable card!! I know it will brighten her day. She is a sweet girly girl for sure!! Thanks for spreading the word too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo adorable!! I love the sparkly flower! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! you really rocked the sketch with your card its fantastic!! I'll have to see what I come up with in the morning... 12 year olds girl... hmm I guess I used to be one lol. Thanks for entering my candy :) oh and So sorry to hear about Miss Ophelia :( take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, your BP hedgies is coloured to perfection with his glittery flowers.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a worthy cause. Thanks for sharing that link. I'm sure it'll bring a smile to that young lady. It sure gave one to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! please leave a message after the beep... "BEEEEEEEEEP!"