Pages - Menu

Thursday, September 2, 2010

CHARISMA challenge - my first DT assignment!

woot!
it's a fabulous week, indeed! not only is the whole Make 'it' Crafty thing all official, and i'm the featured artist (!!!) at SNR, but now get to share my very first DT card for the Charisma Cardz challenges! (now if only i'd get that call back with a job offer!)

our challenge this week is for you to create something inspired by a song...
MUSIC is my lifeline, and i couldn't wait to play along with the Charisma Gals for this one! (such a perfect challenge for my big debut!)

prizes, you're wondering? why, YES! we have prizes!
1 winner gets to choose 5 digi stamps of their choice from Pink Cat Studio (FIVE digis, woot!)
1 winner gets a $20 store credit for Simon Says Stamp - that's a lotta swag, folks! and the shipping is COVERED!

i played with my very first Pink Cat Studio image, Lily Mermaid, PLUS i coloured up one of the fabby digi scenes available exclusively at Make 'it' Crafty, "Tropical Beach"... isn't it PERFECT for beachy/summery cards? the little shell and starfish were fussy cut and popped up, but they're part of the scene... here's my card:


(and i couldn't resist gettin' silly for the rest of the sentiment)


here's Lily all blinged up:


i was inspired by Barry frackin' Manilow, of all people! the song is "As Sure As I'm Standin' Here", and i tinkered with the title to make it work for my card.

wanna check out what the rest of the Charisma Gals have done with this one? you wanna play for the nifty prizes mentioned? share your SONG-INSPIRED creations with us, and play along by next Wednesday, and you could be one of the two lucky ones!

16 comments:

  1. too cute!


    ***ring***ring***ring***
    that's me hopin they call you for the job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice mermaid Leah, love her sparkly tail! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!!! She is just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' the layout and that bling with that cute dolphin charm. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toooooooooooooooooooo cute!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the sentiment on the inside!!! LOL!! Toooooooooooo funny! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the DT! I love that challenge. I will "see" you there ;)

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy CUTE, BATMAN!!! This is so adorable! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahha! AWESOME! Love,love,love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card! I was sure the inside would be something about friendship, but not that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this over on Charisma and had to show up to comment, cracked me up, thats was so unexpected what I read in the middle, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOT! LOOOVE what you did with the beach scene hun. The sand looks absolutely AWESOME! Gorgeous mermaid and once again you have cracked me up with your whacky sense of humour. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute! i love mermaids!
    and sparkles =)
    hugs
    juli

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is fab Leah, good to have you onboard
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you have made a real splash at Charisma with your gorgeous debut card. Love the song you chose and congrats on the job. Have a gorgalicious weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! altho i feel a bit bad chortling inanely seeing as the mermaids friends are BEING EATEN FOR DINNER!!!!! (who knew my "grim reaper does casual friday" WOULD NOT be the silliest or darkest post of the week, eh?!?!?! well done, missus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. soooooooooo gorgeous!!!! Love the sparkle on the mermaid and the way you have done the lettering! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! please leave a message after the beep... "BEEEEEEEEEP!"