Pages - Menu

Monday, April 22, 2013

Designed to Color and Doodle Dragon Studios BLOG HOP!

WELCOME!  i'm so glad you're here!  

HAPPY 4th BLOGAVERSARY, DUSTIN PIKE!  :)

you've reached the Designed to Color and Doodle Dragon Studios collaborative blog hop!  prepare to see lots of cute little froggie critters along the hop, leave comments along the way, and grab some of these totes adorbs digis while you're at it!  the talented Dustin Pike has generously provided the Color Crew with these fun little Fairy Frogmother digis - they're super fun to color, and they've arrived just in time for SPRING!  :)  (yeah, it's been spring here for a few weeks, but it sure doesn't feel like it in South Jersey!)

we're hoppin' with the very talented Doodle Dragon Crew and i'm about 2/3 of the way down the hop list, so if you've arrived here from the brilliant Charlotte, then you're in good shape!  :)  if not, then you'll want to head on back to THE BEGINNING so you don't miss a thing!  be sure to comment at each stop along the way because there will be TWO prize packages given away to our lucky winners!  you must follow the rules (and pay attention - some of us want you to answer a specific question, rather than just leaving a comment).

so!  i saw this little fairy froggy girl chillin' on this mushroom,
and knew i had to color her up!  here's a close-up of my image:


but since i seem to have a thing with wings, i wanted to zoom in
a little closer to show you the deets (click to enlarge!):


and hey, my pleats don't suck!  *a little pat on the back*
here's the full creation:


i've been yanking out some of my older supplies (like, a year or more), and incorporating bits and pieces into my recent projects.  yep, that's part of the de-stashing process.  ;)  i'm not very consistent with it, but i'm making a concerted effort these days.  here's my supply list!

Medium:  Prismacolor Pencils
Skin:  1005, 1097
Eyes:  1103
Shirt:  993, 1030
Skirt, trim:  1070, 1052, 1054
Wings:  1026, 993, 1100
Mushroom:  1085, 1072, 1021, 1089
Grass:  1005, 908

Image:  Fairy Frogmother (Dustin Pike - Doodle Dragon Studios)
Paper:  Georgia Pacific
Cardstock:  Canvas Corp
Patterned Paper:  Sketchbook (American Crafts - Amy Tangerine)
Elements:  die - Large Deckled Rectangles (Spellbinders - Nestabilities); ribbon - Amy Tangerine (American Crafts); stickers:  fuschia Glitter Alphabet (Recollections), epoxy stickers (s.e.i. - Jocelyn); buttons - Button Bling (Forever in Time)
Other:  black marker (Sharpie), 3-d Pop Dots (EK Success), mini Glue Dots



and that's all she wrote!  :)  so here's my question for you... if you could ask this Fairy Frogmother for ONE CRAFTY WISH, what would it be?  leave a comment with your answer below, then mosey on over to visit Ginny with her rockin' creation!  :)  we wrap everyting up on Thursday, April 25th at midnight CST (that's 1 am EST), so you have plenty of time to have fun hoppin' ('cuz that's what froggies do!), and  winners will be announced on or before April 29th.  GO GO GO!  have fun!

here's our full hop list, just in case...

Designed to Color   http://www.designedtocolor.com
Leah  http://thechroniclesoforange.blogspot.com  ****you're here!****



36 comments:

  1. Adorable. This image is too cute. Your coloring is wonderful. I love those wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I like the look of the pencils! I need to try this... Thanks for the inspiration~
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry - my wish would be to be able to learn to use prisma colors and use them like I use my copics for a whole other perspective!
      lyn

      Delete
  3. Way cute. I wish I had time to do all the papercraft projects I have supplies for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish that my family have time to go on vacation like we are always talking about doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (giggle) yes, Leah! Your pleats look fabulous! In fact I love your coloring on this whole image! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I srsly love this! But then I love everything you make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMW....this is too stinkin' cute! You know I love the prismacolors! You rocked those pleats and those wings! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had one crafty wish......a crafty shopping spree with deep pockets for stamps and more SN markers and more storage and more paper pads and more flowers and.....you get the picture.

      Delete
  8. Ummm...more markers of course :) Love the veins in the wings...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Fairy Frogmother..................I wish that you would get your wish. I love the wings on your card. If your wish is that I could shade better with Copic markers I'd be real happy............lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pleats are super... great card!
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card with fantastic details on the wings (I hope it is right vein!!??) and the shading on the mushroom *wow*!!!.
    My wish where to have time for a Copic Marker tutorial :) (to see is it my medium *lol* ;}).

    Hugs
    Tiggerchen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute!!! Love your coloring with the pencils :) I love my Prismacolor! Love those buttons too!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for showing us all of the fantastic details! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pleats but really love those wings. I can see a tutorial coming. :-)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Prisma coloring and the doodling too! Fabby job!

    XXX, Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card!! Love the way you added the veins to the wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would ask fairy frogmother where is your prince? She is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would ask the fairy frogmother for half the talent I've seen on all these blogposts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card! I would ask for a bank, then I could buy all the product without having to go to work (and hire someone to clean my house)! :) Think of all the time I could play.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pleats and wings awesome work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all the buttons that adorn your cute card! Froggy wings are so cool!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun card!! Love it hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card. My wish would be to learn enough to one day be considered talented enough to be a DT for a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It would be dies, dies and dies:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, your wings are very cool, so much detail in them. Your colouring with pencils is great, I'm not so good at that.

    If I could have one wish granted it would be that I had more time to create. I have been much better at organising myself so that has helped but it's never enough time in between chores, work etc

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. She's darling - going to have to try her with my inktense too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. ah great colouring on the wings and the pleats

    I would ask her to make sure there is no frost when the fruit trees bloom so the farmers get a great crop oh and give the farmers a break this year

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card - my wish would be for a larger craft room - at the moment we are travelling and living in a caravan. - Pauline L

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice card you doodling is excellent and I want those bottons!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great card. I love the frog image. I would ask for an organized craft space. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A gorgeous card with a great new image...

    Hugs,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! please leave a message after the beep... "BEEEEEEEEEP!"